Thursday, May 24, 2007

I only have a few minutes in the Dublin Airport...

there wasn't any internet access at the B&B's in Ireland, but I've got TONS of nice pictures to upload sometime soon I hope. And several funny pictures taken from the car windows, but they still give a flavor of things, especially since quite a bit of our experience was seen through car windows. We thought we did so well to plan ahead, but we didn't take into account the tiny, curving roads that take quite a lot longer to navigate than we thought!

Highlights: Blarney Castle and the grounds around it, including the Druidic Rock Close, Meeting my LUVELY Irish O'Grady relatives, in the house where my great-grandfather was born!!!!!

Lowlights: The bumpy, scary roads around the Ring of Kerry, totally misted in Cliffs of Moher, and not having any food for the whole day on the way to Blarney.

We also had to give up visiting some castles and such along the way, but Blarney was so soul satisfying, and the meeting the relatives so special, that made the whole time for me!

More later, G is desperate to check on our credit cards... eep!

0 comments: